About the Village
Whorlton is a small village consisting of approximately 300 residents. Whorlton stands on the north bank of the Tees four miles downstream from Barnard Castle.
The village of Whorlton consists of houses built round a triangular green, where local community events often take place.
The nearby Tees is crossed point by an iron suspension bridge (Whorlton Bridge), erected in 1830-31, with a span of 180 feet.
The village is sandwiched between the main A66 and A67 roads. Access to the village from the south (A66). The north of the village has the Bridge Inn, whilst in the south east corner is located St. Mary's Church and the Village Hall.
The Teesdale Way passes through Whorlton and crosses Whorlton Beck to an area of flat rocks with spectacular views overlooking the River Tees.
Offering the Bridge Inn as a perfect stop off for walkers and visitors to the village.